Really? How is this even physically possible? Thank goodness only 5 more weeks!
2. Sometimes I think Saylor is trying to bust out of me like a baby chick busts out of an egg. It really does feel like she's testing for a good spot to crack through with her little punches and jabs. Maybe she will be a world champion kick-boxer? Either way, the feeling is mutual baby girl- I want you out too!
3. I'm starting to have these intense emotions that make me feel slightly nuts. Like, sometimes I am giddy with how excited I am to meet her and how much I'm going to love her. And then a few minutes later I start to feel this rising panic about how I have no idea what to do with her and what if I can't handle how big of a life transition this is going to be. Thank you, Lord, for giving me a calm, peaceful, stable husband who listens to me swing back and forth like a pendulum! And thank you for promising You are constant and faithful and will help me do this!
4. I'm so bummed about the BCS rankings. Not only because I am a Longhorn fan, but also because we have the cutest longhorn attire for Saylor to wear as a newborn, and it would have been perfect for a big game on Jan. 8th. Now she'll just have to wear it for a lame basketball game or something. And yes, I am assuming that she will be here by January 8th. Please just let me assume that.
5. When people are no longer pregnant, do they miss feeling the baby move inside them? I feel like it's so normal now that it will be weird for my stomach to not constantly wiggle and move around. I guess I will probably be too busy thinking about the real live baby in front of me to notice?!
6. Best quote from Thanksgiving holiday (made by Uncle Bob, Matt's uncle): "Erica, are you having twins? Well, that's ok. It's not your fault anyways, it's Matthew's. All you were trying to do was get some sleep!" Yes he did say that.

4 comments:
I can't believe Matt's uncle said that!!! Hilarious!
So funny... and you are not crazy... but pregnancy is ridiculous... enjoy it! She will be here so soon! Miss you and I am so sorry I was out of town for your shower... are you going to be here during Christmas?
Love and prayers
ellen
So funny what Matt's uncle said. I laughed out loud. Yes, you will miss Saylor moving so really enjoy it these last few weeks. It's one of the few things I really miss about pregnancy. Fun to hear your thoughts. I'm sooo ready to meet baby girl so I can't imagine how you feel. It's not long now! See you Saturday :-)
I am so sure you are ready to have this baby! Hey,
when you get a chance can you email me your address? Thanks and wow, your life is a changing very soon!
ellen
Post a Comment