The rest of the weekend we just relaxed. Swimming, grilling, napping, church, a movie, a walk, and lots of play time with the kids. Matt has been working like a mad man so I'm so glad we got a chance to slow down and rest together as a family.
Some of his goodies from the kids
Matt and I are so lucky to have both of our dads. They are both amazing guys who have loved us and poured into us and shaped us into the people we are today. We sure love you both and wish we could have spent the day with you!
I was looking through some old pictures tonight for this post and I definitely got a bit gushy inside. Saylor and Gray are so beyond blessed by their daddy. I am so thankful that he is the man they will have to learn from, look up to, and be loved by their entire lives. He is fun, silly, wise, strong, patient and so completely selfless. No matter how busy or tired he is, he never says no. He always makes time. I wish I could capture the look on their faces when he comes home, or the way Saylor talks about her daddy with so much pride and love, or the way Gray will follow him around the house handing things to him, just to be near him. And I am in 100% agreement, I think he's pretty special too!
I know being a dad is not an easy job....thank you, Matt, for loving our family so very well! We love you!



1 comment:
Happy Father's day Matt!
Post a Comment