Matt and I started looking at new houses earlier this summer - primarily because we were in the market for a better elementary school. We had our eye on a couple, but for various reasons they did not work out. Then, in September, we found one we loved and put in an offer. We quickly decided to put our house on the market before we went out of town, and amazingly, it sold in a day. It has been crazy how quickly this has all happened! I was fully prepared (in my classic pessimistic nature) to spend the next year and a half looking, and was legitimately worried what we would do if kindergarten time came and we still hadn't found a house.
It has been such a blessing to see how God has taken care of our family, in both the big and little ways. (I MUST remember this next time I get anxious about something - probably next week - ha!).
I have definitely been a bit nostalgic about leaving our first house. It's crazy to think about everything that has happened there over the past 6.5 years!
We:
- Spent COUNTLESS hours fixing it up. We have changed almost every inch of it in some way. Some in little ways, some in big, but all with a good amount of time and energy
- Celebrated six wedding anniversaries
- Brought two precious babies home from the hospital
- Survived a couple job changes
- Had a lot of laughter and good times (and some hard times, too)
- Hosted many home group meetings with our church community....some of these friends have moved away and some are still part of our Dallas family
- Celebrated many birthdays and holidays with friends and family
I know that HOME is not the place you live as much as the people you live with. I'm so thankful to have all my people come with me to our new house, and to make new memories there. But I will always cherish the memories we have from our first house!
Here are the kids "helping" pack our Uhaul
Our last family picture at our old house, before the movers showed up. I love how we all look SO TIRED...! :)
Thanks to both of our families who took a turn coming up from Houston to help us with this ginormous undertaking, as well as our awesome Dallas friends who have helped watch our kids, move boxes, bring us dinner, etc. We are very blessed!


2 comments:
Erica - congrats on the move! Impressive task with two young kids and a new job. Hope all is well!
Oh my goodness- y'all have been busy! I'm so excited for y'all and what the future has in store for you!!
Post a Comment