Monday, September 9, 2013

First Day of School!

Today was Saylor's first day of Pre-k and Gray's first day of Preschool 2's. I am so thankful for their little school right around the corner from our house. We have been their since Saylor was a baby and it is so nice to have a place where you know so  many parents and teachers. I love that both my kiddos felt so comfortable on their first day today!

In some ways it is crazy to me that this is her last year of preschool and next year she will be in kindergarten. But, in some ways, she seems like she could be starting second grade! We were all very ready for school to start this year! 


 Saylor has two great teachers and a couple of her favorite friends, Emma and Sage, in her class. She is going 3 days a week which I know will be good for her. She could definitely handle the four day option, but I myself wasn't ready for that. :)

The best part of this year for Say is that she DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO TAKE HER NAP MAT TO SCHOOL. No naps, not even a "rest," halleluiah! :) She has been telling everyone about this all summer, in anticipation. For two years, Say has carried that darn nap mat into school and laid down on it every day without even a hint of sleep. Heck, even when she was in the crib room at 18 months, her teacher often had to take her out of the room because she wouldn't sleep. What can I say, quiet time is not easy for her...so this is a really big deal! :)



G is in the 2 year old class this year with Mrs. Robertson, who was one of Saylor's teachers two years ago. I could not love her more and I am thrilled that G has her. He was not very into pictures this morning. He is definitely on the young side for his class, but I know he will do ok. He didn't want to leave when I picked him up at the end of the day...too busy playing with the toys! Gray will be in school 2 days a week, which means he and I will have a day to ourselves. I am thrilled about this! I worked both days the kids were in school last year, so I had no alone time with G and no alone time to myself. This year, I will have both!

 Outside her room
 Excited about a fun year!


No comments: