Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Saylor and Gray Say


 While praying at dinner and each of us telling God what we're thankful for:
Gray: "I'm thankful for.....my SHOWS"!
The kid is seriously into his TV, and I promise he doesn't watch that much


On the way to the gym while Matt and Gray were staying at home:
Saylor, with a very sad voice: "Mommy,  I wish Gray was coming so I would have him to keep an eye on and play with with! I've never felt this way before!" (I think she was trying to explain loneliness)



Pulling into the driveway and seeing our sidewalk chalk traced figures, Saylor: "I need to check on my humans!"



While waiting in the car on a gray day in the parking lot for Matt to make a quick return, Saylor rolled down her window
Saylor: "Are you gonna make it rain today, Lord?"
Gray: "No"
Saylor: "Gray, you are not The Lord"
Gray: "Yes, I am the Lord"



Gray: Mommy, lovie was crying for me, so I had to go back up and get her.
Me: Oh is lovie a girl?
Gray: No!
Me: A boy?
Gray: No! Just lovie.


Saylor: Gray, I cannot tell you a Thomas story ALL the time. Pick a different one.

And this is not a specific thing he said but G is obsessed with the Thomas and Friends theme song, which is for some reason difficult for me to memorize. It lists each train and what they are good at, and I sing it wrong every time and EVERY time G corrects me. :) "NO mommy, GORDON thunders down the line!"


 While Saylor was frustrated and struggling to get the lid on something:
"Ugh! Mommy, this lid is eating me down!"
Ha!  (She misheard the expression 'beating me down').


 


Funny kiddos!


No comments: