Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! We rode the DART today to Heritage Square in downtown Plano. We had a picnic lunch and played on the playground. Riding the Dart was an adventure for the kiddos, and it was a beautiful day. Nothing fancy, just enjoying being together.
 









I am so thankful for these three people in my life. God has been so good to us and as I reflect back there is so much to be thankful for in 2013.

Our first full year in our new house.

Matt continuing his work with Food For Good at Pepsi, with a growing program and team. We are both still somewhat in awe that he gets to do something he cares about for a living.

My ever changing work schedule allowing me to grow professionally and personally. I spent the first 8 months of 2013 working 2 full days per week alongside some amazing children and their parents. I was deeply touched by some of them. Grateful to walk alongside them in their battles for their children, and get to play a small part in their stories. Grateful once again for my career that has allowed me to connect with people across the lifespan in a meaningful way.

And then grateful to be home with my own kids the last four months of the year. To be the one to pick them up after school. To be fully there and fully present for them (and Matt, and everything "at home"). For so much peace in that decision, and more peace being home full time than I have had in the past five years since I quit working full time. Grateful for the gift of time, knowing that next year my little girl will be gone to kindergarten all day, and that my little guy is changing so much every day. Somehow in these last four months I have been able to relish our days together with more joy and less stress and angst (NOT that we don't still have our moments! Being a full time mom home with two small children is definitely not for the faint of heart).

So much growth and maturity in our sweet Saylor. An amazing little school, teachers, and weekly routine that have challenged her and helped bring out the best in her. The sweetest little boy one could ever ask for, who literally melts my heart multiple times a day. Watching them learn and change and seeing the world through their eyes. Watching them love each other. Being challenged to be a better person by them daily. Praying for God's help to be a good mom every day! Praying for their hearts to have great faith in God and to show love to others in all they do, even in their own ways now.

Celebrating ten years of marriage to a man I love so, so much. Knowing that we have now been together for more of our lives than we have not. Standing firm in that milestone, and in God's promise that He is the one who brought us together and He walks with us each day of marriage. Celebrating with a trip to the Canadian Rockies (best trip we have ever taken)!

Thankful for our church, our small group. Walking with friends and family through highs and lows. Thankful for the chance to be part of a women's bible study that I honestly wasn't sure I would like, but being humbled that I have in fact loved it.

Beyond thankful for our health. Thankful for our families and for the time we have had to be with them at different points over the year. Knowing that many are walking through uncertain or difficult things, or have lost someone they love. Knowing that this could change for us at any time, but knowing that God does not change and thankful for that.

I'm excited to see what's in store in 2014. So far it's a pretty good year: our precious niece, Addison, was born TODAY, January 1, 2014! What an amazing New Years gift! We are so thrilled for Will and Nicole and dying to meet her soon!

2 comments:

PriscillaOberle said...

Sounds like you are at a great place in life! So glad you're enjoying staying home with your kids and enjoying BSF!! Love you!

Paige & James Richey said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing so well - beautiful family inside and out!! XOXO