Thursday, February 6, 2014

Grand Cayman 2014

Our family took a trip to Grand Cayman last week. It was definitely one of the best vacations I have ever been on. We went back to the place where Ellen and Miguel got married two years ago. Our condo was right on the beach and we had the best time relaxing and being together with very little agenda. My parents were so very generous to help us make this happen. We came back to freezing (literally) weather in Texas and between that and missing my family I just wish we could be right back there.  Be forewarned: there are so many!  I had fun playing with my nice camera and wanted to capture as many memories as I could with our kids at this age. Pretty sure it will be awhile before we are back the beach!



 Making sand angels

 The lovebirds. I am so happy they got married here and helped us discover this amazing Island! It is such a great place to go on vacation!
 We  nicknamed Miguel the "baby ocean whisperer" because he had a knack for getting our kids into the water. They preferred to be at the pool due to some rocks, shells, and a jelly fish encounter, but he had mad skills at coaxing them in.













 I just love his hand on her leg.








 Lollipops make great bribes for photos. :)
 Matt going for a swim. We did a lot of snorkeling right off the beach. Gorgeous fish, coral and stingrays!
 My cuties!










 Gray carried his Lightning McQueen swim toys around for most of the week.



 Iguanas were kind of a theme, which is ironic because there is a book called Me Too Iguana at my parents' house in Houston that Gray requests to read on repeat.




 This picture makes me melt a little. :)










 Fun day at the Turtle Farm

 Gray got a little pouty. Matt tried to match his face, which only served to make G poutier.

 Holding the baby turtles. Turtles are so cool, y'all! They kind of remind me of Elephants, which I know is weird, but they have the same leathery skin.



 Ice cream break.
 Matt and I drove the coast of the island one day when we were trying to extend the kids' naps. We saw this sign which Matt thought was hilarious. I thought it was kinda sweet.
 Miguel and Ellen treated us all to a Sunset sail which was so fun. Miguel was making an attempt to look nautical here. :)
 I was so spoiled to spend a week with my sister. We never get to spend more than about 2 crazy days together.
 Dancing before the sail
 A wee bit windy











 Enjoying the view





 All of us
 My beautiful parents. I love this picture of them.

 Spoiled, spoiled children.







 Dinner at the Grand Old House, where the wedding was 2 years ago!
 Watching the sunrise in PJ's with Nona and Dave


String Ray City. I had high hopes for Saylor this year. (Last time she wouldn't even get off the  boat). This time things started off well, until one of them made a bee line for me and the squid I was holding. It freaked me out startled me a little, and I may or may not have screamed. At which point Saylor became just done with it. This is as close as she would get.


 Ravensburg puzzle. Weren't sure we were going to finish in time...it was so hard!










 This one melts me too. When did my girl get so big?





















































  Such a wonderful trip! 

2 comments:

Ellen said...

It was definitely the best family vacation ever. Your pictures are so amazing! I am so glad we will have those memories always :)

PriscillaOberle said...

These pictures make your trip look magical!! I especially love the one of your family at sunset. Beautiful! So glad you had a great time.