Sunday, November 9, 2008

Matt's prayer for Saylor

A while back, before we had decided for sure on a name for the baby, Matt shared a simple prayer with me he had written for her. If you know Matt, you know how he looks for deeper meaning and purpose in things, so of course it was no different when it came to choosing a name. In addition to loving the sound of Saylor and it's uniqueness with our common last name, we felt an immediate tie in when this prayer came to him, and it has been on our hearts ever since.

"My hope for our little girl is that she would live with the freedom God gives to engage in the beauty and abundance of life while being directed by the winds of the Holy Spirit."

I love my husband's gift at writing. I thought that his words were so beautifully encompassed all that we have talked and dreamed about for her. Something so simple, yet something so hard to fully attain. Only by His grace!

While my family was here last weekend, they helped us with many projects (thanks dad for stuffing insulation in the attic for hours!) including hanging these letters in her room. The task was not without serious hanging frustration, but I think they turned out great. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE that prayer, Erica. It's so sweet! Also, the letters in the nursery look great. Saylor will love her new room that she gets to see SOON :-)

Anonymous said...

Erica,

I love the post. Thanks for the update. I am so sad I am not going to make your shower this weekend. I am out of town on a girls weekend with my college room mates and we have had it planned for months. I am so sad not to be there. I did not RSVP... it simply slipped my mind... but reading your blog reminded me. So, I wanted to let you know that I want to be there but simply cannot make it. Have fun and enjoy these last few months... (easier said than done.)

Ellen