Please forgive me for complaining...I will stop now. Most of it is really fun stuff to be done for the baby. And though work is busy and draining, it is a privilege to work with the patients on my caseload right now and their families. I have two that absolutely cannot speak they are so aphasic (one can't get a word out and the other get TOO many words out - but every single one of them is jibberish). I also have one seventeen year old who is making AMAZING progress! He went from not being able to keep his saliva in his mouth to eating double portion plates in a week. And last week, he found his voice and we are now working on shaping words...I am so proud of him. Praise God for helping his brain start to heal so suddenly after so many slow weeks!
Matt and I have also felt so blessed the past couple weeks with the love and support friends, family, and co-workers have shown us with some baby showers. We are struck by the amazing community God has provided us and this baby!
Here are some pics...
My Mom and aunt Janet
Thank you to my sweet friends who hosted! (Lorraine, Keegan, Amy, Kelly, and Lauren -and sweet Molly who couldn't make it in from ATL).
Next weekend we are driving to Houston and I am so looking forward to seeing my Aunt Donna and Grandma who are flying down from Michigan. It's going to be a great three day weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment