Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Peachy

If I am honest (which I usually am, sometime to my detriment), sometimes I hate this blog. All blogs. Sometimes they make everything seem so...peachy. While I know at least in our house things are certainly not always peachy. And sometimes I am not in a peachy place.

I am so far from perfect. I love being a wife and a mom, but there are some days that I am terrible at it. Most days are good ones. But some days, the weight of the un-peachiness creeps in a little bit.

You know how you can hear something over and over, but only sometimes do you GET it? I've been thinking about these words a lot lately:

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love and good to all who call on Him. He opens His hand to satisfy the desires of every living thing. He is near to all who call on Him in truth. He hears their cry and saves them." Psalm 145

I really believe these words. And I am thankful when I can stop, be still, and be reminded of the bigger picture. And then I feel a little bit more peachy. :)

1 comment:

Davy said...

Amen sister. I am a mess some days. Love you!