We had a great time in Austin...I could do a whole post about how much I love that city. The feel of that place is so...comfortable, and I spent a large part of the weekend wishing we lived there. But alas, since we have no house, church, or job and very few friends there, I don't think it will be happening any time soon. And I am very thankful for all that we do have in Dallas that makes it feel like home.
Matt has been really busy at work - he is helping launch some awesome stuff for Frito in South Dallas. I am also increasing my work load a little bit, which I am excited about but I think it will take all of us a little while to adjust to.
At the end of this month we will be heading to Houston for our 10 year high school reunion (we are OLD!) and also to Blanco for a big Smith family reunion. Lots to look forward to!
In the midst of all of this, our little girl has turned 6 months old! It really feels like only a month ago that we were bringing her home from the hospital. I know the next six months will also fly by, so we are doing our best to soak up each day with her.
Here's a little about what Saylor's up to lately (mainly just for me to look back one day and remember...I know no one really cares much about this stuff)!
At six months, Saylor is sitting up on her own and rolling all over the place. Sometimes if I lay her down on the floor and look away for a minute she has practically rolled halfway across the room. She is also beginning to show signs of crawling...she hikes her booty way up and then lurches forward a little bit to get to a toy out of her reach. She is saying more sounds, including random consonants, but no true babbling yet (much to my speech therapy dismay). :) We are now up to 3 feedings of solids a day (cereal plus a vegetable) plus four regular feedings. She is officially weaned from the swaddle - yay! (I know, I know, it took us forever). Although she remains easy-going, she can definitely make her wishes known! She cries when left alone in a room and loves to give us kisses (aka dive bombing our face, nose, ear...whatever she can get in her mouth). Still no stinkin' teeth, and not much hair to speak of...but I know they will both show up one day. She is also starting to display some stranger anxiety, which I must admit is sometimes slightly awkward. What are you supposed to do when your baby is perfectly happy until a well meaning stranger starts cooing at them and then they start screaming? I always feel a little bad...anyone else? Oh well, I'm sure plently more public situations far worse than that lay in store for us down the road! :)
p.s. sorry this post is ridiculously long. i'm too tired to try to fix it now. :)

1 comment:
So glad you had fun in Austin! I can't wait to hear more details! I'm always shocked when I see pictures of her sitting up because I haven't seen it in person yet! I'm going to need to come play very soon.
Post a Comment