Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Colorado 2010

Last week we went to Colorado with our great friends Nick and Caroline and their sweet little girl Ellie.The first night we stayed in Denver and got to catch up with the Earnests and the Williams (which was great!) and then it was on to Breckenridge!

Nick's parents have a beautiful condo and were generous enough to let us stay there. We had so much fun relaxing, hiking, eating, riding the gondola, and strolling around town. Erick and Brooke Frazier are friends who recently moved to Denver, and they were also able to join us for a couple days.

The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to spend time away from the heat and the rush of daily life, in the company of good friends. Saylor loved the mountains, the water, baby Ellie, and spending so much uninterrupted time with her daddy. :) Even the 15 hour car ride with two babies went better than expected!

I can't speak for Matt but I know that I myself am a mountain person. Meaning, I would rather spend time in the mountains than at the beach or on a lake or in a big city on vacation. Something about the hugeness of the peaks, the quiet, pristine waterfalls on a hike away from the rest of civilization, just puts things in perspective. I was very thankful for a chance to recharge with our good friends, family and with God.

We took a LOT of pictures, so I tried to do the video thing here. Sorry the quality is kind of poor - I'm sure I picked the wrong pixel upload or something...

4 comments:

Jules said...

Colorado definitely suits you :) I love the pics of Saylor with her sun glasses on... too cute!

Emily said...

I loved your video:) Such great pics and y'alls trip looked so wonderful! I totally forgot when you told me you were going to CO that you were going with the Smith's...so fun!! Glad you guys had a great trip!

Julianne said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all the pictures!

Jen said...

great video !