We threw her a little surprise party last weekend in Houston...here she is walking in the door:
Isn't she pretty? I really don't think she looks a day over 50...
Laughing when we showed her the cake
From her high school graduation picture!
Mom, you are such a wonderful person on so many levels. You are beautiful on the inside and out and I will never be able to adequately express how much you mean to me...I love you so much! We had so much fun celebrating your special day with you!
Our family has a little tradition for important birthdays where everyone compiles a list of their favorite things about the birthday person. I had fun making my list for mom...it was hard to narrow down! Between us, there were several overlapping favorites, like her good cooking, her instinctual green thumb, her heart for the kids she works with, the loyalty with which she loves her family, and her ability to make friends with any stranger.
This was one of the items from my dad's list.
Once, when we were just married, living in a ramshackle trailer on the wrong side of the railroad tracks, she attempted to shake out a couple of tic-tacs into the palm of my hand after dinner, and when, all of a sudden, a half-dozen popped out, she laughed and said, ‘you struck it rich’ and I thought, ‘indeed, I have’ (and still do).
Kleenex, anyone? :)
Anyways, happy birthday mom. We are ALL lucky to have you in our lives! We love you!

2 comments:
Oh my goodness...I think Saylor looks SO much like your mom in her graduation picture. That's so crazy! I hope your mom had a very happy day yesterday :-)
Happy Birthday Nola!! My mom had such a good time and kept talking about the cake for days after :) Y'all are such sweet daughters!!
Post a Comment