Monday, November 29, 2010

Saylor Says

A few things I want to remember lately:
  • "Super careful daddy" (While Matt was driving and slowed down for some people to cross the street).
  • "Very proud of you!" (To herself while helping us hang decorations on our Christmas tree).
  • "All done Christmas!" (When we turned the lights on the tree off).
  • Laying between us in bed one morning, she pointed to Matt's glasses and said "daddy glasses," then mine "mommy glasses," then her face, "say say no glasses." (sounding very sad).
  • When I told her we needed to pray for a friend in the hospital, she promptly folded her hands and exclaimed "God is good!"  (She knows this from a music CD she listens to, but I was surprised that she connected it to praying)
  • "More, Some!" (Asking for some of what we are eating, or "sandwich some", "apple some", etc.).
  • "Bye  bye William" (To a random little boy who I did not know walking out of her class - turns out they are classmates).
  • Pointing to our Christmas stockings, including the one my sister knitted for her last year: "Daddy's sockie, Mommy's sockie, Saylor's sockie (something unintelligible) Aunt Ellen!"
  • Bringing a little piece of greenery from garland that had fallen on the floor over to me "Oh no, Christmas!" (sounding distressed).
And one word I will be happy not to remember: MINE!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness what a smart little girl...can't wait to squeeze her in a few days and hear her say all these brilliant new phrases! Love you sista