Monday, September 19, 2011

4 Months

Gray turned 4 months old yesterday! It seriously feels like we JUST were at the hospital for his big debut....time is once again going too fast.

Lots of exciting stuff happening in our little guy's life this month!

 

Started rolling (from back to tummy)
 

 

Started lots of drooling and putting everything in his mouth
 

Went from sleeping like this:
 

To this:
 
(Although without the swaddle he's waking up more at those wee hours, but that's ok).

Still lovin his big sis! Saylor has started wondering about his personal preferences lately (like favorite color, favorite animal, etc.)."
 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Gray's taking 3 naps a day around 9/9:30, 12:30/1 and 4:30/5. That morning nap is pretty variable because we are usually out and about, but so far it's been ok for him to have it shorter or interrupted (we'll see if that lasts and we become more homebound). It's been nice with second baby to just be a little more relaxed about naps and schedule. He takes four bottles a day (and yes, we are now doing much better with the bottle) at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and 7 (ish). Each bottle is about 6-8 ounces. Don't know height and weight stats yet but I'm sure he'll be at the top of the charts again for both!

Last week Gray also started a little Mother's Day out program on my work day. I felt a bit sad and nervous about him going - I think because he seems so young compared to the other babies in his class. But guess I need to get used to him being a youngin cause that's how things will be his whole life with his May birthday. He ended up doing great and this week I felt much better about it.

G takes a paci better than Saylor ever did, but still mainly just for a few minutes to help him get to sleep or to hold him off till it's time to eat.

I've officially become a true believer in the mommy-son bond. :) Hard to put it into words but it's definitely very special and sweet.

Gray, you bring me, your daddy, and your sister so much joy every single day. Every time you flash your big grin it completely melts my heart. You have become so very loveable and squeezable these days! You are still a pretty quiet guy most of the time...think you are just taking it all in at your own pace. :) You continue to be really laid back and easy going, which is a big blessing to us! I wish I could freeze time because I am enjoying this stage with you so very much. We love you buddy! Happy 4 Months!

1 comment:

Jules said...

He is so adorable!! And, there is such a sweet bond between mother and son :) Love y'all!