Thursday, September 1, 2011

A few random thoughts

Matt is out of town again this week and amazingly, I got both kids in bed by 8:20 tonight. Practically a miracle! :) Thought I might catch up on some blogging, or just my random thoughts from today.

Saylor got to meet her new teachers today and they both seem great! She has a fun class of cute kiddos, including the son of a girl I went to grad school with who I was excited to reconnect with. Saylor and I are beyond ready for school to start! This little girl needs some structure after a long summer spent largely indoors with new baby brother! She'll be going two days this year and I know she won't miss a beat.

Here's a picture of her from a few weeks ago with our good friend, Mark. I love this picture. Matt and I think these two actually have a lot in common, namely their ability to make other people laugh!

My book club is reading this series right now.
I'm probably the only person in the world who hasn't just LOVED these books. I seem to have a hard time getting into anything sci-fi or futuristic. But, I must admit I am dying to find out what happens with the love story. I'm almost done with the third book.

Two weeks ago I hurt my ankle. First I thought it was sprained, then I thought I had Achilles tendonitis. Finally, an x-ray today showed that it's in fact a stress fracture! Likely due to running/boot camp too soon after baby, combined with breastfeeding which apparently steals the calcium from your bones. It kind of amazes me how much pregnancy can affect the body! So, no more running for me for four more weeks, but thankfully it is already beginning to heal and feeling much better.

So looking forward to a three day weekend, including a date night with Matt. Think maybe we'll see this movie because so many people have loved it.

Matt's summer project wraps up for good tomorrow. I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard and done a great job, not to mention juggling so much work at a very busy time in our family as well. I am so thankful to have such an amazing husband. Last week we got a little cake to celebrate a job well done with our home group.

This little guy is changing so much every day! He is still quite content to observe what's going on around him, but lately he's also starting to speak out when he gets bored or wants in on the action too. It's so fun to watch him find his voice and kick his legs so fast when he gets really excited. It's like he's saying "hey, hey, don't forget about me, guys!" Tonight I was talking to Matt on speaker phone and Gray's eyes got really wide and he was turning his head all around, looking for him. So cute!

He is just getting so big!

And a few cute friend pictures I've been meaning to post:
Saylor, Caroline and Mae

Say and Gavin, wearing their cool dino hats at the Children's Museum

Sweet friends: Saylor and Harper









No comments: