Monday, June 10, 2013

Growing up

Sometimes I am taken by surprise at how much our sweet Saylor is growing up. We definitely still have our moments or rough days, but in general, I am noticing a lot less whining and tantruming and a lot more big girl behavior, responses, and conversations. Like when she brings a bib and a spoon over to the table for Gray without me asking. Or comes downstairs in the morning fully dressed. Or when she brings their laundry downstairs to help me "do our chores." The other day I asked what she did at summer camp and without missing a beat she said, "I don't feel like talking about it right now, mom." Like she was 15 or something.

Tonight, as I was putting her to bed, I told her I missed her while I was at work, and then I said, "what am I going to do when you go to kindergarten and I don't get to see you except in the afternoons and on the weekends???? I am going to miss you SO MUCH!" Right away she said, "well maybe you can work more days besides just Mondays and Wednesdays, mommy."  Then she asked about Gray, and I told her I would be home with Gray, but that me AND Gray were going to miss her when that time comes. She took my face between her hands and said: "let's not worry about that right now, mommy."

Ummmm, ok are you four or FORTY? For a very brief moment I felt like she was the mom, comforting me, the kid.

Love my big, GROWING girl, so much!


1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I just love her and her sweet heart.