Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hook 'em Horns!

Earlier this month Matt and I got to take our kiddos to their first Longhorn football game! We hadn't been in a very long time ourselves, so we were really pumped to make the trip. My friend Priscilla's family has tickets that they very, very generously shared with us. Priscilla is also an amazing photographer, so I got some gems to commemorate our first trip. (You can clearly see below which pictures are mine and which are hers).

It was fun to take the kids around campus and to the game, and really fun to catch up with Priscilla and Bobby and their sweet kids. 

As we drove around Austin, the kids started counting the number of people they saw in orange. A hopeless mission. :)

 My freshman year dorm was having a reunion, so we stopped by. This is where I met Priscilla and so many other sweet friends. I have so many memories from SRD!

 It was fun to show Saylor around inside. I asked her if she wanted to live here when she went to college and her response was: "I haven't decided yet mommy." (I would of course LOVE for our kids to be Longhorns, but I will support whatever decision they make. If they choose that other school in Texas, I will have some major adjusting to do and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to cheer for that football team. Just a fair disclaimer).
 The kids and adults enjoyed some CCB's - a favorite dessert from SRD.
 We made it to the game! Saylor was amazed at all the people and kept looking for the cheerleaders the whole time. Gray was really excited too, although I'm not sure he really got any of it. :)
 Someone missed his nap and was a little tired.
 Matt teaching Gray how to hook 'em.
 Saylor and Gray coloring with sweet Ryan and Ben.



 We came away with a win. Saylor's first live Eyes of Texas.
 After the game Saylor was obsessed with finding a cheerleader. We did find one and Gray even gave her a little kiss. So sweet!
 Tired kiddos after the game.
It was a really  fun day! The kids were both exhausted by the end of it but I am so happy we were finally able to do it!

No comments: