Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random Saturday Thoughts

I have been a bad blogger - need to get my head back in the game I guess! Here are some random thoughts I'm having this Saturday morning:

1. Thankful for a three day weekend! Working in health care I don't get too many of these...glad I worked Memorial Day so I can enjoy this one.

2. Talked to my mom this morning - she had just finished taking a "fast walk" with Chula. I am SO THANKFUL that the Lord has brought healing and that she is back to her old self. She was so strong through the entire year long ordeal. I'm sure she'll be hitting some estate sales later today! :) Love you, Mom.

3. We had our supper club last night - I love it and the friends we have through it. And I LOVE getting to see baby James and baby Caroline - they are both getting cuter and cuter by the day.

4. 3 Day Challenge. Matt and I are going to attempt to wake up early (or rather Matt is going to attempt to go to bed earlier and wake up with me) and watch NO TV this week on Tues, Wed, and Thursday. It was his idea! I love that he is trying somewhat to adjust his sleep schedule to be more "normal" even though it is so very hard for him. We'll see how it goes - maybe announcing this publicly on the blog will help us stick to it???

5. Think I'm going to go ahead and buy the crib mattress today. That way when the bedding is ready (hopefully soon!) I can just put it all together - very exciting!

6. Need to give Harry a bath this weekend.

7. Trying to figure out what I am going to do about work after the baby comes. I know it will be really hard to leave my daughter even a couple days a week. But at the same time, I am struggling with leaving my TBI patients completely - I love them, I love my co-workers, I love that I get to do this for my "work." I feel like I would be so stupid to walk away from this set up completely. I'm hoping I will be able to work something out...

8. My dad is playing 3 tennis matches today. In August Houston weather. He is crazy, and technically in MUCH better shape than my pregnant butt theses days. Be careful in the heat dad!

9. Resting in Psalm 34:5 right now: "Those who look to Him are radiant." Though I know pregnancy is a beautiful thing, I must admit that it is doing a doozy on my self-image. I feel enormous, I have new varicose veins showing up in my legs, and my skin is giving me flashbacks of 10th grade - which was NOT pretty. It was enough to cause a pitiful, tearful breakdown the other night. Now I am praying for help to focus on inner beauty and strength and that of what He is growing inside me, rather than my "external vanity." I am a work in progress...

10. Longhorn football starts tonight! Though I am not a huge football fan - I do love my team and will have my HORNS UP!

11. This week on itunes I purchased Rihanna "Disturbia" and Jordin Sparks "one step at a time." Don't judge me - you know they are catchy tunes. I did also purchase something a little less shameful...John Mayer's version of "Free Fallin." Have you heard it? Oh my goodness it is AWESOME!

3 comments:

Mary Virginia said...

Reid and I are sitting on the couch, just left the kiddos, and this post just gave us good laugh. We really liked #11. Also, I thought you and Matt would like to know that Emme woke up wanting a bottle at 4 this A.M. Tell Matt to get his sleep on now 'cause it isn't happening a few months from now! Love you guys!

Laura said...

Love your thoughts!! Great to see you guys the other night! Happy Labor Day,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica,

I am so glad you started a blog! I loved reading all the things in your post today. A couple notes...
-I totally know the challenge to self-image that pregnancy brings... I cannot tell you how difficult it was for me... but beyond that you realize how vain you can be... but also, on a positive, realisitic note, that with time, hard work, and common sense, your body will go back. Hard to believe, but true.

-Also, the whole working and being a mom thing... been there also... everyone's situation is different... but I would encourage you to keep an open mind. You will know after that precious baby arrives... what decision will make you the best and most fulfilled mommy and woman.

-No shame in music... I listen to everything... I hate to admit, but even angry rap sometimes... what does that say about me? ;)

Also, I love and miss you and am so excited to keep up better this way....

ellen
-