Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

 


Wanted to post a shout out to my awesome mom on her b-day. Probably not her typical one as she is still in H-town with no power - but she and dad are handling it like champs.

My mom is really one of the most wonderful people I know. I have learned so much from her and as I get closer to being a mom myself, I am more and more grateful to have had her as my model. She is strong, wise, fun, and generous. She puts her family before herself over and over. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in or to speak up for what she knows is right. She knows how to make the most of a tough situation and not to take things too seriously. She has more energy than most people I know (at least in the hours pre-falling asleep on the couch at 8 - which I definitely inherited). She is a skilled OT who goes above and beyond to help the children she works with who have developmental delays and disorders. She is hands down the best bargain shopper I know! She has taught us the importance of a healthy lifestyle and has encouraged us to be open-minded to new experiences, opportunities, and people. She has just been through an incredibly difficult year but through it I have admired her strength, patience, and hope. We are so thankful that is is over and that she is back to work, back to her regular self!

Mom, I love you! Have a wonderful day - I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!

No comments: