Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today is my dad's 61st birthday. (Hopefully he doesn't mind me announcing his age so publicly...sorry dad)!

Last year, when he turned 60, our family made a list of the "top 60 things we love about dad." Here were a few of mine from that list:

1.That he is not afraid to pick up and try new things (learning to play tennis, teaching English classes, etc.).
2.That I can always, no matter what, count on him. I know that no matter what, he will be there for me or do anything for me, without question.
3. How smart he is. He knows a lot of stuff about a lot of things!
4. That when he doesn’t know exactly he still makes it up sometimes. :)
5. How open-minded and thoughtful he is
6. That he is quick to listen and slow to speak
7. All that he has taught me (how to ride a bike, write a paper, think first of others)
8. How he has always encouraged me to excel in whatever I do, whatever I enjoy, but loved me even when I fail

My dad is just hands down one of a kind. I have learned so much from him and am so thankful for all that he has done to be a wonderful father to me and Ellen (and Matt too).

One more thing I love that I would add to the list this year is watching him interact with Saylor. He is so great with her - he talks to her and sings to her and is very patient with her, which comes as no surprise because I think he is the most patient person I know.

Love you, dad. Happy Birthday!

No comments: