I find stories of things people do and say in their sleep to be pretty amusing. Especially when they are mine or Matt's, since these are the ones I personally experience. For example:
Me: You're hogging the covers babe! Give them back! (as I yank on them because they are ALL on his side of the bed in a tangled, sweaty, heap. This happens pretty much nightly).
Matt (in a mumbled, disoriented voice): What? Ok. Ok. Yes, I will be there for the meeting.
OR: What? Oh sorry. I need them to add it to the compost.
Or something along that vein. On several occasions I have laughed out loud at 2 a.m. at what he has said in his sleep while having NO awareness that it is making no sense. I'm sure many couples have similar stories.
But last night he was the one laughing at me.
I got ready for and into bed at about 11. Matt was working, but he told me he would be in in a minute. I got in bed but realized I didn't have any water to take my pills. Rather than yelling across the house to ask him if he could bring me some water (which I do many nights and he very sweetly does) and risk waking Saylor, I decided to text him. Sort of ridiculous, I know. But I did. Anyways - I sat in bed waiting for him to come, but quickly became very sleepy. I remember being perplexed by the question of what to do with my pills while I waited. I somehow thought placing them on the nightstand was very dangerous because Morty could eat them and get sick. So, apparently, the next best thing was to unscrew my tub of auqaphor and put the pills in there until Matt brought me the water. Next thing I knew it was 3 a.m. and Matt was finally coming to bed and had my water (yes, he is insane but often does stay up that late working). He handed me the glass and asked where the pills were, to which I replied, annoyed, "in the aquaphor." It seemed perfectly logical to me. He started laughing which just further annoyed me. I grabbed the water and unscrewed the top of the tub, only to pull out two grease covered pills. Now Matt was laughing harder and I was just mad. I dramatically threw the tub on the nightstand and myself back on the pillows and (rudely I am sure) requested (ok, probably more like demanded) two new pills. I really thought it was his fault for taking so long with the water, and I could NOT understand why he thought it was so funny.
Needless to say, I did some apologizing this morning. He still thought it was pretty funny, but at least this time I was laughing with him. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment