Sunday, April 19, 2009

My sister


Ellen came to visit us this weekend! Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my sister? I am so proud of her - she is currently working her little behind off in PA school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She is learning all this awesome stuff and lets me live vicariously through her and her vast expanse of medical knowledge and experience. Kinda crazy that my little sis can now draw blood and complete all other sorts of exams...yes...ALL sorts. Some funny stories to go along with that involving standardized patients (don't think I could be paid enough money for that job) but I will leave them untold on this particular media venue.

Lately, every time I am with my sister, I feel like the roles are reversed. Or at least like they have changed dramatically. She has suddenly become this...adult. A smart, witty, confident, successful, knows-what-she-wants-and-goes-after-it-adult. Obviously she has been an adult for some time now, but over the past couple years she seems to have...blossomed. Oh my goodness I have officially crossed over into corny writing. I will try to restrain myself and spare anyone reading this of further cornballness. But seriously, I am so proud of my little sis and am so thankful for the support, advice, friendship and love she gives me.

Love you El.

1 comment:

Mary Virginia said...

So sweet. I know your sister looks up to you, too! And that picture of Saylor! I need to come give her a big squeeze when my cold is gone!