Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Saylor Says

I love hearing the funny things that kids say. Don't you? I'd put it in the top 10 reasons to even have kids maybe. I love reading mom blogs about their funny kids' quotes. So, inspired by this, I think I will start a re-curring blog feature: Saylor Says.

At 18 months it's not so much what they say that is funny, but more how they say it, which is hard to capture on a blog. But, she is already saying stuff that makes Matt and I laugh; stuff that I want to remember. So here goes, and here's to looking forward to age 2-3-4-5 when there are (hopefully) plenty of funny statements worth quoting!

Saylor Says (recently):
  • Refers to us as "mommydaddy" - one morphed name for us.
  • "Oh my!" or "Oh no!" or "NO my goodness!" usually in response to something minor like crumbs on her shirt
  • After walking into Home Depot, Matt and I were being indecisive about what part of the store to go to first. Matt said to me: "ok, what are we doing here?" meaning, what's our plan? Saylor piped up: "Shopping!" Duh. :)
  • "no more, no more, no more" to the monkeys in her book jumping on the bed (shaking her finger at them)
  • Talks constantly about "Maeyi" (Madeline) - her favorite book right now. She wants to read it all day long and finishes the ends of some of the sentences with a lot of gusto (especially the one about "to the tiger at the zoo - Madeline just says pooh pooh" - she thinks this is hilarious.  Also gives Madeleine kisses on the pages.
Stay tuned for more funny sayings from Saylor!  :)

No comments: