Sunday, August 8, 2010

I can see clearly

Today I am reflecting on the goodness of God.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the shuffle of life. Caught up in my own thoughts on faith. Caught up in everyone else's thoughts on faith. Things can start to get hazy. Fuzzy. My thoughts get jumbled. The "big issues" make my head hurt.

Today I am thankful for the sweet moments God gives us, every now and then, to remember that it's all really quite simple. A few moments where the hazy veil is lifted, and I can see clearly, the Gospel. Not watered down or cluttered up. Just the Gospel.

I need Him. Very, very much.

He loves me. Very, very much.

He made a way. Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ bring freedom. healing. restoration. hope.

And for a short time anyways, I am reminded, and I can see clearly.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erica,

I am so glad to hear this. Those moments are so fleeting, right?

Miss you!
Saylor is growing up so fast!
She is all kinds of cute!
Please let me know when you come to houston.

ellen