Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nursery

I went neutral with the nursery when I was expecting with Saylor in hopes that one day that would pay off - and it did! (Just call me practical like that). All I had to do this time around was change the pink accents to blue - but the bedding, glider, curtains, etc. all stayed the same. Now the room is almost ready - just a few more little things to do.

Here's a picture from the door way

The crib (complete with bite marks from big sister)

The changing table, lamp (the do-it yourself kind from Joanne's) and frame

This is my favorite part of the room. When Saylor was born, my great aunt sent her this book. I had never heard of it, but immediately LOVED it and Saylor has loved it too. I think the illustrations in it are just gorgeous and really wanted to incorporate them somehow into his room. So I just tore them out and added them to this frame that we've had for years. I love the way it turned out!

A closer view of one of the pictures


I like it when decorating is simple and inexpensive! ;) Now we just need our little guy to make the whole thing complete!

1 comment:

Jules said...

What a perfect nursery for your little man! I love the idea of framing pictures from a favorite book... so creative :) I can't wait to meet him!