We had a doctor's appointment today and found out that there's a good chance we'll be inducing on May 9th! So exciting! I was hoping for this but now it is suddenly feeling soooooo soon and I am even more nostalgic now about our little family of 3 turning into one of 4. Mainly, I can't believe this will be my last week a half alone ever with my sweet girl. I've been trying to take advantage of every day with her and soak up every minute. We've been going to her music class, baking, making trips to the library and playground, lots of snuggling and reading, and this week she and I had a mommy-daughter date to the zoo. It was a humid and rainy day and I probably had no business walking my huge self around the zoo with a toddler, but I was just happy to be there with her.
Peering in at the goats
Playing on the spider's web
On the pony ride (this was her face the whole time). :)
The Giraffes
Helping me bake some blueberry muffins
Today Saylor is sick, complete with a cough, runny nose and fever. Of course this meant she had trouble napping, so I ended up going in a laying down with her. I am typically a stickler for her nap/my alone time and very very rarely do I do this. But today, it was fitting and I was so thankful for that sweet time with her. I couldn't sleep because my mind was racing with everything that needs to be done before his arrival. But for almost an hour and half I got to hold my little girl and rub her back and pray for her and watch her sleep peacefully (well, minus the congested breathing and coughing). Still and peaceful is not really her mode of operation these days, so I enjoyed every minute of it! :)
I kept thinking about how it was HER arrival we were eagerly anticipating just TWO years ago, and now she is so grown up: talking in sentences, sharing her own opinion, always being curious silly and making us laugh, surprising us with the things she remembers and how quickly she learns.
At one point as she was snuggled onto my chest and baby boy was kicking around inside me, I realized I was actually "holding" both my sweet kiddos. Wow! I am truly so thankful to be their mom, and thankful for quiet and still moments like we had today to reflect and remember.

2 comments:
Teared up reading this! So sweet Erica;) Enjoy your last week--- so very excited for you, Matt, & big sister!!
What a sweet post! You are SUCH a good mother to your two babies :) Can't wait for May 9th!
Post a Comment