Saylor is napping and I am on the couch with my trusty ole' friend (Mr. heating pad), so thought I'd share a few recent happenings and thoughts.
- I cannot believe we are having this baby so soon. I think the hormone faucet in my brain is turned on full blast because I am definitely getting emotional about it. (Well, maybe just high - full blast comes after the baby arrives, right)? So excited to meet him, nervous about all of the birthing stuff, nervous about handling both of them at home, and extremely nostalgic about the end of my alone time with Say. I keep hugging and kissing her like I am never going to see her again. What is wrong with me - we are going to be stuck and home together all summer for pete's sake! She "made" me this Mother's Day card at school yesterday and of course it made me all weepy.
The past couple of days she's been more of a mommy's girl than usual, so I think she gets that he's coming soon!
- I feel safe saying that Saylor is officially potty trained - yay! She still has an occasional accident but we are definitely over the hard spots. Just in time for her to regress when her new baby brother comes next week - ha! ;) My advice to mom's who haven't potty trained before would be to do the three day method but don't freak out if it really takes longer than three days, (there is a gray area) and to use mirilax when necessary so that a poop happens at least once every day. This was the secret to our success, I think. :)
- I am feeling pretty good, with a couple exceptions. Still sleeping great, which I am so thankful for! I've been walking 45 minutes or so every day (more like waddling) and am now at 3 cm, so hopefully everything will go smoothly once we do induce.
-Why Matt and I thought it would be a good idea to have a baby during his busiest time of the year is beyond me. I am starting to get really nervous about this, as he is working late every night and constantly on the phone trying to get things taken care of for their big summer project. But, I am trusting that we will get through this season and praying that I can just enjoy it too, despite how crazy and sleep deprived we are going to be.
-Saylor locked me out of the house this morning, and herself inside! I went out front to water the plants for a couple minutes while she was engrossed in Sesame Street. Then I heard a click at the door, and sure enough, she had done it! (I think she was just trying to come outside). Luckily I was able to talk to her through the mail slot and got her to unlock it after a few minutes. I was definitely on the verge of panicking though - I didn't have shoes on or my cell phone or anything.
- Two weeks ago I went to our normal dentist who we have always considered to be slightly questionable. They told me I had FOUR cavities, which I thought was suspicious because they did not take xrays or hardly even look at my teeth - they only used this beepy thing called the Diagnodent that makes a noise when waved over your teeth and "detecting bacteria". Not to mention six months ago when I went they said my teeth were perfect. Well, last week I chipped one of my teeth and it was driving me crazy, so I went to a new dentist today to have him fix it. I also asked for a second opinion on the cavities. Surprise, surprise, according to this guy I have NONE. It makes me so mad that they were just literally trying to rip me off. Why are people like that? Grrrrrr. Needless to say, Matt and I will be switching dentists.
-Even though I can't wait to meet and hold this baby, I am definitely going to miss feeling him move around inside me. Is there anything more amazing than that feeling? Matt of course loves to feel him kick and squirm, but there is something so special about being the one to carry him and feel every move he makes. What a privilege! He is also king of the hiccups. Saylor never had them when I was pregnant with her, so it took me a little while to realize what it was!
-Been working off this four page document for the past many months (yes, I am person who lives by lists) - almost everything is now crossed off!
-Meant to post this cute picture of Saylor and her buddy Gavin from a few weeks back - enjoying lollipops. She loves getting to play with him!
-Feeling so thankful that I have hopefully worked a child care situation out so I can continue working my one day a week at Baylor. One of our sweet babysitters is going to be able to pick up the kids from Mothers Day Out on the day I work. I met with her today and was just so reassured at how flexible, patient and responsible she is. Saylor LOVES her. What an answer to all my prayers about this!
My awesome mom sent me this in the mail for a Mother's Day gift. Have you smelled this stuff? I'm not really a huge perfume girl but I love, love, love this one!
And just for kicks, here's a picture of my sweet dad with my sweet girl after her bath. Love them both!



No comments:
Post a Comment