The level of two year old sass and drama has recently ramped up around here!
Saylor randomly developed a completely out of the blue fear of our cat, Morty. When I asked her if something happened I couldn't really get a clear story.
"Did Morty bite you, Saylor?"
"Yes!"
"Where?"
thinking for a minute: "On my toe!"
Later (after she screamed when he came near)
"Did Morty really bite you, sweetie?"
"Yes!"
"Where did he bite you?"
"On my bottom!"
Another time (the fear lasted for a couple days)
"When did he bite you, Saylor?"
"In January!"
Hmmmmm. Pretty sure she was making it up. Morty is actually quite harmless unless provoked.
She has also started to use words that she doesn't understand the meaning of. When she is mad at me about something she will run in the room and insist: "Mommy, I am NOT incredible." Another time it was "Mommy, I am NOT nervous." All in her super sassy voice of course. Sigh.
Recently after a little scare in the pool at her friend Caroline's house, she said to Caroline's mom: "I just CAN'T swim cause I'm little and little people just CAN'T swim!" When she came home she said to me: "When I get bigger I'll wear gobbles (goggles) and swim just like Caroline!"
There are lots of "when I get bigger" statements made on a regular basis.
"When I get bigger I'LL....eat gum, drink coffee, drink wine, get married" etc.
When I was carrying a glass of water to the table she reminded me: "TWO hands, mommy, TWO hands!"
When my aunt and uncle were visiting (see previous post) she told them: "I get spankings ALL the time!" (NOT true! Talk about making us look bad!)
When passing a truck on the road: "Mommy, do you like trucks? I don't like trucks; they're just for mans."
But we still have plenty of sweetness around here, too:
When she didn't hear something I said to her: "Hmmm? What did you say, sweetie?"
Last night at dinner: "Well, daddy, how was your day?"
She has started commenting whenever I get dressed up or she sees a picture of me dressed up: "Mommy, you look SO pretty!" Awwww. I like that one! Maybe it's a sign I need to shower more often? :)
Saylor was asking about a wedding Matt and I recently went to. Matt told her one day she would have a wedding of her own but only to marry a man who loves her VERY, VERY much. Her response was: "And I'll DANCE with him, daddy!!!!!!!"
Ahh, sweet girl. I know that moment will be here in what seems like no time. So thankful for you, Say!
(At the Children's Museum)

No comments:
Post a Comment