Gray has started laughing this week! Saylor actually gets the credit for his first legitimate laugh - she was making funny faces at him and talking to him a few days ago and he giggled. It was so fun to watch! I was so excited and now she tries to do it a lot. :) I am loving watching their relationship emerge. Sometimes I catch him turning his head to look at her in the car or craning his neck to find her in the room when he hears her voice with a BIG smile on his face. :) So cute.
Here's a video of me getting him to laugh this morning:
And a few other recent pictures:
She loves going to get him with me in the morning or after a nap.
Sad face :(
Patting his back
Silly girl
I fall a little bit more in love with this face every day!
Looking manly in the pink bumbo
In other news, we've had almost a record breaking heat wave in Dallas this week. It's been hovering around 110 plus every day and it's just miserable! Matt is in Chicago where it is a nice 85 degrees...lucky guy. Thankfully, Saylor has been so sweet and really good the past couple days, which makes the single parent thing a much easier gig. I really, really love being with her all day when she is like that. I keep telling her how proud I am of her for making happy choices and she just laughs and says "it makes you SO happy when I'm sweet, Mommy!" Yes it does! She is saying funny things all the time and it's so fun to watch her become more and more independent.
Unfortunately, Gray is following in his big sister's footsteps and putting up an enormous fight these days when it comes to taking a bottle. It takes tons of time and patience to get him to take a few ounces and we're only successful about half the time. We sure are having deja vu around here! It's interesting to me that Gray is 10 weeks old and this is the worst it's been and that is the exact same age Saylor was when I wrote that post. I'm hoping that means he'll turn the corner pretty quick like she did, too. Or at least by September when I go back to working a day each week!


2 comments:
I love Gray's sweet laugh!!
Thank you so much for posting this video Erica! I miss him so much...such expression in his little face. What a sweet guy
Post a Comment