Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saylor Says

Saylor has started "real" praying (meaning not just singing a prayer she learned at school) but actually coming up with something of her own to pray. It's been so sweet (and sometimes funny!) to hear what she says. Tonight at dinner: "Dear God, thank you for this food, and thank you for this day, and please help these kids to sleep through the night. Amen!" Guess she's heard that a time or two!

The other day was gorgeous and we were driving with the windows down. I looked back at one point and Saylor was doing this:
When I asked why she had her mouth open she said "because mommy the wind feels soooo good inside my mouth!" Three year old girl or golden retriever?

We've been reading a Fancy Nancy book in which Nancy fakes an ankle injury to get out of relay race. Ever since, Saylor has been running around the house yelling "oh, oh, I think I injured my foot!" and fake limping.

1 comment: