Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sick (again)!

We can't seem to stay healthy around here for more than a week. :( On Tuesday night Gray developed a fever and by last night he was just miserable. We found out this morning at the doctor (think we've been 4 times now since the start of February?) that his ear is once again "impressively infected" - probably because the fluid never drained from his last infection. I'm pretty sure tubes for G are on the horizon, it's just a matter of how soon we bite the bullet.

On top of that he has Hand, Foot, Mouth which is most likely what's making him so sad. As of now he only has a few little red spots on his arms and legs but the doctor found tons of sores inside his little mouth! :( No wonder he was up all night long, won't eat, and is drooling like a maniac - I'm sure it hurts terribly to swallow. I have never seen him so miserable as I have in the past 12 hours...RSV was a piece of cake compared to this. I asked Dr. Neeley how long to expect it will last but I honestly cannot remember what he said....so indicative of how my brain is functioning right now (or all the time since having kids)- does this EVER get better?! I have decided to just laugh at this new attribute of myself and hope my friends and family will have forgive me for constantly repeating myself/not remembering what they've said). :)



Thankfully, Gray is sleeping now. Last night he cried straight from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. Matt was flying in from Chicago and his flight was delayed because of the rain...I have never been so glad to have my hubby return home at 1:30 a.m.!

I find it so ironic that when your kids are going stir crazy and sick as can be is the same time you can't be around anyone else or go anywhere. Sometimes I think this is the hardest part of motherhood- it can make for really long, lonely, isolating chunks of time. We had to cancel a visit from a good friend who is in town because of course we can't spread our HFM germs. And to top it off, it's pouring rain today so we can't even go for a walk in the stroller, which did calm him down yesterday when he was home sick from school.

On a lighter note: we had to swing by Target on the way home to restock our Tylenol and Motrin supply. Saylor was very well behaved at the doctor's appointment so I rewarded her with some new rain boots. She INSISTED on wearing this outfit for her rest time today, and honestly it was a battle I wasn't about to begin to fight. :)

No comments: