Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy First Birthday, Gray!

Gray turned ONE last Friday, on May 18th!

Unfortunately, he woke up that morning looking terrible. I took him in and the NP discovered a bad ear infection that had started spreading to his eyes. We got him going on an antibiotic right away, but G didn't feel so hot on his birthday.

However, in typical Gray fashion, he didn't complain too much.We had a jam packed weekend with lots of family coming in town to celebrate, so we didn't give him much of a chance to slack off on the festivities!

Gray had his first haircut and first lollipop simultaneously! 


After that, he went shoe shopping with Nona and Dave for his first pair of real shoes (not these obviously). 

 Next stop was a family birthday dinner where we met up with Gammy and Pop Pop! Here's the birthday boy enjoying some pizza.

On Saturday we celebrated our little man with  Little Man themed birthday party. This was the invitation:

Table Centerpieces
Party Favors
Gray wore his suspenders and bow tie. I was really excited to have a May birthday and take advantage of the Spring weather by having the party at a little nearby park. I must admit I went much more low key with second child first birthday than first child first birthday...ha!

 He was not into the cake...at all. I have even given him several more opportunities since to enjoy it and he just won't have anything to do with it. Maybe he's not really our child??????
Celebrating with Aunt Ellen
 Gammy and Pop Pop
 Silly Grandpa Dave
Saylor and Harper in their ties
 Best attempt at a picture of us with him
 Gray LOVES this gift he got from the Satterfields!

Some friends who came to play: Press, James, Mae, Caroline, Matthew
 Ronnie and Luke
 Lorraine and sweet Birdie
Felicity!
 Walker
 Ella
Here are the men grilling some hot dogs. Ben won the prize for best tie - he had a tie made with pictures of Gray on it. So clever!
 This is what happened today when I took the kids on a walk at 5 p.m. Needless to say birthday weekend was a big weekend for everyone! We are so thankful for all our family who came up to help us celebrate our little guy!
Dear Grayson,
Happy first birthday! It's so hard for me to believe the first year of your life is already passed. You are such a big boy! There are many words I would use to describe you right now: sweet, cuddly, mellow, happy, curious, and oh so determined! Our days are always busy and loud and full but I try to stop and reflect on the many little moments I have with you that fill my heart to the brim. What a tremendous blessing you are to our family! I will never forget the day you were born and the sweet, quiet time we had alone with you in the hospital one year ago. On that day I experienced a new kind of love! You are so very special to me. 

Your dad and I have many hopes for you future. That you would share a genuine, long lasting friendship with your big sister. That you would grow strong in the talents God has given you and use them for good things. That you would enjoy life every day. That you would love and serve those around you in a sacrificial way.  That you would not be afraid to stand up for what you know is right. And most of all, that no matter what, you would know you are truly loved by us and even more so by our great heavenly Father.
We love you, buddy! 
Mommy


1 comment:

Jules said...

What a cute party Erica!! I LOVE the pic of your dad with the mustache :) Happy Birthday Gray!