After describing her disappointment about something to me recently: "It was really kind of a bummer, mommy."
After I let out an exasperated sigh the other day (why is it still so hard for me to get us somewhere on time?), Saylor asked me what was wrong. I told her that I was feeling a bit stressed out, to which she replied: "well you should take a deep breath then, Mommy!"
Ever the negotiator, Saylor loves to make her case about something and then say: "how does that sound? good mommy?" I think we hear some form of this at least 10 times every.single.day!
The night before the kids and I left for a trip to Houston, Matt told her he was going to miss her so much. She gently patted him and said "It's ok, daddy, sometimes it's good for us to have alone time."
And a follow up question to that conversation: "Does Jesus know how to get down to Houston, daddy?"
Saylor told Ellen she could hold her hand hand as a special treat for her (ellen's) birthday.
She spent two nights with Matt's parents by herself while we were in Houston. I called over there one night to check on her, and the first thing she said when Matt's mom put her on the phone was: "hi mommy, is your hair up or down?" (the hair obsession continues!)
Say is a fan of Dora, but not so much a fan of Swiper (the "bad guy" in Dora). She has worked her way up to being able to actually READ our Dora books that Swiper appears in, but a few pages before we get to the page with Swiper on it, she starts to prepare us: "ok mommy, swiper's coming, when he gets here you have to read. Mommy, swiper's on the next page, get ready." And when I actually turn to the page he's on, she buries her head under the pillow and yells "tell me when he's gone!".
She has really been into Peter Pan lately. We have a book from when I was a kid and she wants to read it every night! Today, she found a penny on the ground at Target and proudly told me she was going to give it to Wendy and Micheal and John and Peter, her BESTEST friends EVER! (Btw, in my opinion, Caption Hook is MUCH scarier than ole' Swiper, but for some reason Say doesn't agree)!


No comments:
Post a Comment