Friday, March 1, 2013

Catching up and Saylor Says

 Saylor has become VERY into wearing dresses and dresses only. The twirlier, the better. This is a new development for her. Every single morning, she begs to wear her "fancy" dresses. Her dress up dresses are also worn on a daily basis, and sometimes she even asks to sleep in them. I usually just let her. I mean, you've got to pick your battles, right?

A recent quote: "Mommy I love this music! It makes me want to sleep, and dance, and it makes my heart Full of joy!"


She frequently tells me that she's going to have seven babies. I told her that would be a lot of work. She replied: "Yep. I know. I LOT of work, mommy."

Here she is at Wee Wildcats, the program for preschoolers who will feed into kindergarten at our elementary school. She is sitting with her 6th grade reading buddy...so cute!
 With her friend Andrew, listening to a book read by a kindergarten teacher.


 Yesterday, I went to pick up the kids at the gym  and my eyes started scanning the sea of small children for my own. I found them, sitting on the floor cross - legged, facing each other, talking and giggling. Just the two of them. It made my heart so happy to see it! I pray all the time that they will really be good friends, now and as adults. It was so sweet. After we left, I asked Saylor if she and Gray played together the whole time. She said: "Yes mommy. Cause some kids were taking Gray's car and made him cry. But I told him, 'Gray, if that happens again you just come find me and I'll handle it for you.'" Ha!

One day, she was so excited to tell me that she had seen Gray at school. (Apparently this doesn't happen too often). "Mommy, I saw Gray in the hallway and I RIPPED him into my arms and gave him a BIG hug and kiss." (At which point, Gray chimed in: "Yeah, yeah. Sissy, hug!"

One day while we were cuddling: "Mommy, you are so cozy to me."

This morning while she was intently watching the coffee pot brew: "Mommy, coffee is kind of like pee pee." (She's right I guess!)

During a prayer: "Thank you, God, for coming as a Human Bean."  Love it! :)



Oh, how I love these two kids!

1 comment:

Jules said...

They seem to have the sweetest little relationship! I love that Saylor watches out for her little brother. Love those pictures :)