Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Part 2

Here are a few more pictures from our Easter celebration yesterday. (I looked back at my blog post from Easter last year and realized I had only posted one measly picture. Maybe I'm trying to make up for it this year? I was also contemplating this Easter compared to last and realized that life with a 15 month old is sooooo much easier than life with a 3 month old, or at least it feels that way to me. Last Easter was our infamous projectile poop incident, at church 45 minutes away from our house, all over her white smocked Easter dress and my entire arm, stranded alone in the cry room with no more wipes. Quite the pickle! We laughed about it then but it's definitely easier to laugh about now)!

Anyways, Matt "hid" a few eggs for an egg hunt before church yesterday. You could probably say it was Level Zero on the difficulty scale:

But I think we underestimated Saylor girl because she dove right in and immediately started putting all the eggs in her basket. Way to go Say!


Contemplating her success?

One special egg had seeds inside it that we planted in our garden - to symbolize our new life in Christ and His ressurection! :)

Hanging out with Harper after church
Exploring her Easter basket after her nap

And maybe woke up on the wrong side of the bed?! Not sure what this particular crying spell was about, but she got over it quick enough. :)

Here's our lame attempt at a family Easter picture. We took this right before we left for a potluck dinner with our small group. Of course I didn't take any pictures there, but it was such a delicious meal and we are so thankful for this small group of friends within our big church family, especially on days like Easter!

Most of all, we are thankful for another year to celebrate the power and hope offered to us all through Christ's death and ressurection. "Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!"

No comments: