You know that stage where kids are trying to tell you something but you can't understand what they're saying? Well, we've reached it! Saylor is talking more and more these days, and most of the time I know what she wants. But we've definitely had a few episodes where I have just have no idea.
Like yesterday, she was sitting in her high chair and suddenly started insessantly repeating something that sounded like "pa" over and over and over. This is not one of her normal words, and it was so random, so I was stumped. She just kept repeating the word, intermingled with "peas" (please), faster and faster and more and more desperate. I kept holding things up and she would shake her head no and repeat "pa!!!!!" Suddenly, I burst out laughing, because seeing her like that just cracked me up. At which point she also started laughing, but only for a second, then she was right back to her desparate pleas. This went on for a few minutes. I thought maybe she would give it up, but no such luck.
Finally, I saw a tiny oragne bottle of bubbles sitting on the corner of the bookshelf. (The kind you get at a wedding to blow at a bride and groom on their way out). That was it! She was saying POP! I brought them over to her and she gave me her hearty little laugh...so pleased to finally have them in her hands.
Guess I learned a new word today. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment