Last night when we went to sleep they were expecting a "light dusting" of snow overnight. But, when we woke up this morning there was 5 inches! I drove almost all the way into work but then they called and said they didn't need me after all, so I turned around and came back. Thankfully, I made it safely; there were cars getting stuck and spinning out everywhere!
Since we've only had ice all week, today was really our first day to venture out to play. Once we convinced Saylor that the snow wasn't dirty, she was set to go, and she loved it! She walked all around the front yard and all the way down the street. She was pretty cold by the end, and we had a lot of trouble with those darn mittens...how do little kids get their thumbs in the right hole?
At one point she took off through the yard shouting "be right back, going to get cookies for Santa!"
Here are some pictures from the day, and then drinking hot chocolate to warm up once we got back inside.

No comments:
Post a Comment