Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Style award

My friend Laura "awarded" me with a stylish blogger award. Thanks, Laura! (Funny, because I think this actually has nothing to do with a stylish blog but rather just a chance to do one of those bloggy chain things). But here goes...I am doing it anyways! After being stuck indoors for two days due to the Dallas Snowmageddon of 2011 I am going a bit stir crazy, so why not?!

Upon receiving this award, I am supposed to:
1) Thank, and link back to the person who awarded it.
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Award 10 great bloggers.
4) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Here are 7 facts about me:

1. I lived in Norway for four years when I was in elementary school, (my family was transferred there due to my dad's job).
2. Before becoming a Speech Pathologist (and the reason I did become a speech pathologist) I officially held the record for "worst first job out of college ever." I worked for a small investment firm and the owner was, shall we say, crazy. I have some great stories I would be happy to share with you off the internet that would entertain you for a good 10 minutes. Think along the lines of the Nanny Diaries or The Devil Wears Prada, but investments.
3. I married my high school sweet heart...Matt and I have been together since we were 16 (with a couple little breaks along the way). :)
4. I hate clutter (in my house) and have been known to throw away important documents or perfectly good items just to get them out of the way.
5. I used to be on a jump rope team (while living in Norway). Ha!
6. I've never gotten a speeding ticket (watch I will get one tomorrow!) and (surprise) am known for being a fairly cautious person. Working with traumatic brain injury patients does not help this cause. :)
7. I am very, very, very bad at mental math. Just thinking about it makes me nervous!

And here are my stylish blogger picks, if you would like to participate!
Ellen
Lauren
Mare
Julie
Jen
Ellen
Caroline
Kelly
Emily
Andi

2 comments:

Jules said...

Fun! I'll get on this while we are cooped up tomorrow!

Jen said...

thanks girl.
at work, everyone knows your blog because i always have it up to play your music in my office :)