Saturday, January 31, 2009

Grampa Dave




My dad came to visit us (really to visit Saylor) this week. It's so fun that he is retired and can come up in the middle of the week, just to get a quick fix. He was able to re-arrange his classes (he now teaches ESL) and many games of tennis, and we had a really fun time! I really enjoyed getting to see my dad interact with Saylor - he was great! He baby-sat her while I went to the doctor, gave her a bottle, rocked her, sang to her, went on walks with us, and even shopping to Target. He even got a few really cute smiles out of Saylor! Thanks, Dad, for coming to visit!

Ellen is also here visiting this weekend. I so appreciate her coming up, even though I know she has soooooooooo much studying to do. My sister is in PA school at Baylor in Houston, and her classes are super hard. But she is a champ and really smart (definitely the smarter of the two sisters!) and took a break to come see her niece. So much fun to have her here with us. Sometimes I am sad that all of Matt and I's family live in Houston and we are here...but I am thankful that the drive isn't too bad and we get to see everyone pretty often.

2 comments:

The Bennett Family said...

That hat is so cute!! Saylor already looks so much bigger!

Erin said...

Matt and Erica!!
Congratulations! Baby Saylor is BEAUTIFUL! I am so so so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet her one day, hopefully soon! Miss you guys and sorry it's been so long since we have connected.
love,
Erin (Hicks)