Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Isn't this the scariest thing you have ever seen....?



It's a picture of a helium balloon - in process of deflating. Let me explain. One night a couple weeks ago, I woke up to Harry making a strange noise. I sat up in bed and realized he was cowering next to my side of the bed on the floor...looking nervously back and forth from me to the door of our bedroom. My first thought was worry that someone was in the house. I got out of bed and went to the hallway, but didn't see anything or hear anything unusual. I turned around to wake Matt up, but Harry beat me to it - he JUMPED up into our bed in my spot and laid down right next to Matt. Harry knows he is not allowed on furniture and never tries it, so I knew something was amiss. Matt woke up, startled, and we eventually figured out that it was this helium balloon that was scaring Harry! Ha! It had floated towards him in the night as it deflated, and apparently that is just too much. We put the balloon in the closet and Harry went peacefully back to sleep. Seriously, how can such a big dog be such a big baby??!!!



Here he is...happy again on his bed. :)

2 comments:

Corby and Lauren said...

Sweet Harry... his fears really crack me up!!!!

Ellen said...

That is such a sad/funny Harry story. He is my favorite dog in the whole wide world. He is being such a well behaved big brother too :)